Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

Visa Immigration Attorney

Helping Individuals, Families and Businesses With Immigrant Visas in Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties

A passport is a travel document issued by your home country that permits you to travel abroad and return to your country of citizenship. A visa, on the other hand, is a document issued by the country you are going to visit that allows you entry into the foreign country. In almost all cases, visitors to the United States must first get a U.S. visa before they will be allowed entry. The government issues dozens of different kinds of visas depending on the purpose of the visit, and it’s important to apply for the correct visa that applies to you. Temporary visitors, such as those who come for tourism, medical treatment, or study, apply for a class of visas known as non-immigrant visas. People who want to immigrate to the U.S. and live and work here permanently are known as immigrants and should apply for the applicable immigrant visa that applies to their situation.

Attorney Oscar A. Ischiu is a visa immigration attorney who can help you identify the proper visa and guide you through all the steps required to obtain your visa. Many immigrant visas are subject to annual quotas, and for some visas, the number of applicants exceeds the number of visas available. Some people wait years to get their chance to immigrate to the U.S. The Law Firm of Oscar A. Ischiu, Esq. can help you establish and prove your eligibility in your initial application. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will only delay your entry – or the hoped-for entry of a family member or prospective employee – by months or years. Get your petition professionally prepared the first time by a trained immigration lawyer who will put together all necessary documentation to prove and support your eligibility for a visa. In Los Angeles or San Bernardino County, call on The Law Firm of Oscar A. Ischiu, Esq. – The People’s Lawyer.

Family Visas

U.S. citizens and persons in the United States as lawful permanent residents can sponsor other family members into the country, where they too can obtain a Green Card and enjoy lawful permanent resident status, meaning they can live and work here indefinitely without fear of deportation or removal. The primary family visas are fiancé(e) visas and relative visas.

Fiancé(e) Visas

The K-1 visa is also known as the fiancé(e) visa. It is a temporary visa granted for the express purpose of entry into the country to marry a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The K-2 visa is a derivative visa that allows a successful K-1 visa holder to bring their children too.

The process begins with the U.S. citizen or permanent resident filing the I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Once the visa is granted, the couple should marry within 90 days of entry or risk negative consequences for an overstay. Once married, the visa holder can apply to adjust status to permanent residence (Green Card) and eventually apply for citizenship as well. This option applies after three years of marriage to a U.S. citizen for eligible individuals who meet the other requirements for naturalization.

Relative Visas

The K-3 visa allows certain family members to immigrate to the U.S. when they are sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. The K-4 visa is a derivative visa that allows a successful K-3 visa holder to bring their children too.

The process begins with the U.S. citizen or permanent resident completing and filing the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. In this petition, the petitioner must provide evidence that supports the existence of the family relationship. Once the petition is approved, the person who will be applying for the visa is assigned a visa number depending on their country or region of origin and the class of family relationship to which they belong. When their number comes up, they can be admitted to the U.S. after passing criminal background checks and meeting the other basic requirements for admission to the country.

The different classes of family members supported by a K-3 visa are:

  • Spouses, unmarried minor (under 21) children, and parents of U.S. citizens
  • Unmarried adult children
  • Spouses of permanent residents
  • Married adult children
  • Siblings of citizens, when the petitioner is 21 or older

Spouses, unmarried children under 21, and parents are not subjected to the waiting list and can apply for their visas once their I-130 petition is approved.

Employment Visas

If you are an employer who can’t find enough qualified U.S. workers to meet your needs, The Law Firm of Oscar A. Ischiu, Esq. can help you petition USCIS on behalf of a foreign worker. We help employers and employees across all five EB visa preference categories. Whether you need to hire professionals with advanced degrees, skilled workers or unskilled workers, competition is tough, and there are regularly more petitions filed than visas available each year. We can help you file the right petition to meet your needs and help you gather and submit the appropriate supporting evidence and documentation for your best chance at success.

We help employers obtain qualified workers in all employment-based preference categories, including:

  • EB-1 priority workers with extraordinary ability in arts, science, education, business or athletics, as well as outstanding professors and researchers, and multinational managers and executives
  • EB-2 professionals with advanced degrees or exceptional ability
  • EB-3 skilled workers, professionals and unskilled workers
  • EB-4 special immigrants, including religious workers, employees of U.S. foreign service posts, translators, former U.S. government employees, and other classes of noncitizens
  • EB-5 immigrant investors willing to invest $500,000 or $1 million in a job-creating enterprise employing at least 10 full-time U.S. workers

Our office assists employers and businesses as well as investors and individuals seeking to self-petition and immigrate for employment. For many people, obtaining a green card to live and work permanently in the U.S. is a two-step process that requires careful strategic planning. The Law Firm of Oscar A. Ischiu, Esq. has the knowledge, skills and abilities to help you through this process.

Call for Help With Visas in Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties

For help with immigrant visas for yourself, a family member, or an employee, call The Law Firm of Oscar A. Ischiu, Esq. at our offices in West Covina, Monrovia or Ontario. We work diligently throughout Los Angeles and San Bernardino to find practical solutions that meet your immigration legal needs.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Schedule Your Consultation
Your first step to immediate assistance and resolving your legal issue is a consultation with our firm where you can tell us about your needs. We take the time to listen and let you know how we can help.
Required Field
protected by reCAPTCHA Privacy - Terms